Let’s face it, we watch the Emmy’s for the red carpet not the actual awards show. And while women everywhere lust after the fashion, it’s the beauty that they can actually recreate. Enter Dove, who’s celebrity stylist Mark Townsend styled Lena Headey while Ryan Richman partnered with Dove to style the gorgeous look on Sarah Hyland. Helping us get the look at home, they share their top tips on recreating.
Lena Headey by Mark Townsend– Get the Look!
“I adore every minute I get to work with Lena Headey – it's always a fun time! I was so inspired by Lena's gorgeous dress by Rubin Singer and wanted her to look like a modern Audrey Hepburn with an edge. Her new short haircut was the perfect foundation.
- I started by applying a few drops of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to her damp hair.
- Next, I sprayed Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray all over and blow dried while scrunching with my hands. I wanted to keep as much of her natural texture as possible so no brushes were allowed!
- When her hair was dry I took a small amount of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Cream Serum in my hands, rubbed them together, and then raked it through her hair to give it tons of shine and piecey-ness. This is so important for the red carpet because shine is actually light being reflected, so her hair will look gorgeous under the harsh lights and flash bulbs.”
Sarah Hyland by Ryan Richman– Get the Look!
“As a team, we were inspired by old Hollywood glamour. We loved Sarah’s custom made Christian Siriano dress. I never want to be too literal with inspiration so we kept the look soft and natural to keep it modern.
- I began by applying 3-4 pumps of Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Nourishing Treatment to her damp hair to add softness and shine without weighing it down and to protect it while blow drying.
- Before blow drying each section, I applied a pump of Dove Frizz-Free Shine Serum to smooth frizz and fly-aways.
- Then I began blow drying large sections of hair using a large boar bristle round brush, directing the hair away from the face. A boar bristle brush is great for polishing and smoothing the hair while still maintaining body and some natural texture. When styling a ponytail or bun you should blow dry the hair towards the center point of where the hair will be put up, and use a straightening iron on medium heat to smooth any cowlicks or kinks around the hairline.
- Next, I brushed the hair upwards towards the top of the head. I used Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray as I was brushing to keep the hair in place. A great way to smooth fly-aways while brushing is to spray hairspray directly onto the brush.
- Then I secured the hair in a ponytail with an elastic. To make tying your ponytail easier, bend over forwards and gather the hair instead of trying to reach high above your head.
- To add texture to your bun, backcomb the ponytail with a brush and spray with hairspray. Finally, twist and wrap the hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins. You can pull out small pieces of hair with your fingertips or a rattail comb for an edgy undone look.”
A-list style all from the comfort of your own home.