On Tuesday, Mar. 18, at 6 p.m., Judy Trupin, TESOL expert and Lead LAC Academy TESOL Instructor, presents a free information session. This is an opportunity for adult educators and program managers to learn about current best practices to address the needs of adult, English language learners (ELLs).
The two-hour information session—LAC TESOL Certificate Programs: Best Practices in Addressing the Needs of English Language Learners in the Classroom—is ideal for instructors of English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) to develop their teaching skills. Registration is required.
Attendees will learn:
- Why trained ESOL instructors are needed
- How adult ESOL students’ needs differ from K-12 students’ needs
- About the challenges of teaching learners with diverse literacy and language skills
- How to become an effective ESOL instructor
LAC Academy’s TESOL certificate programs and forum include:
- Teaching ESOL to Adults with Low Literacy (TEALL): starts May 10
- Teaching English as a Second Language to Adults (TESLA): starts fall 2014
- Reflective Teacher’s Forum: A Guided Support Group for ESOL Practitioners: starts Apr. 8
Contact Judy Trupin at firstname.lastname@example.org for course-specific information. Contact Rachel Smith, LAC Academy Academic Administrator, at email@example.com for certificate program information about applications and tuition.