Taylor Schilling from Orange Is The New Black received a very special hair style and color for the 2014 Emmy's. Hairstylist Richard Marin for L'Oreal Paris, "Taylor's hair look for the Emmy's was a 60's inspired updo." To recreate Taylor's retro doo follow this step-by-step.
- To begin, use L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT Volume Inject Mousse, working product onto the roots of the hair for optimal volume.
- Blow dry hair with the Remington T-Studio Ceramic Dryer to dramatically reduce frizz.
- Spray dry hair with L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Iron Straight HeatSpray and run the Remington Frizz Therapy Flat Iron over the entire head to lock in a set. This makes hair stay together and not become too wispy.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail, retaining volume at the crown of the head.
- Secure the pony with a band and twist to pin into a messy chignon.
- Pull some pieces of hair around one side of the face and spray a light mist of L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray to keep the look loose, while ensuring that it stays in p;ace.
Hair Colorist for Taylor Schilling Kari Hill for L'Oreal Paris said, "Taylor's specific request for bright, blonde contrasting highlights was an easy complement to her realistic, approachable, and sweet demeanor. Ultimately, her final color tone was inspired by her dress. When she showed me the design and the color of the gown I considered the most flattering tone to match her look, skin tone, and red-carpet glamour."
At Home Get-The-Look Color Recommendations:
L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference LB01 Ultra-Light Ash Blonde is a great option if the desired look is all-over color in a shade that's a cool, bright tone, like Taylor's. To achieve this outcome, do not veer more than 2 shades from your desired tone and level. Darker blondes should instead opt for L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference 9A in Light Ash blonde.
L'Oreal Paris Superior Preference Ombre` Touch OT6 in light blonde to light brown hair is a perfect way to alter a color look with refined, beautiful accents to the tips of the hair. always maintain color with a color protecting shampoo and conditioning regimen - like L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare Color Vibrancy. The two, in addition to treatment products, instantly nourish and help shield color from fading.
Hairstylist Mara Roszak for L'Oreal Paris said, "Kate wore a striking J Mendel dress - its whimsical feel had edgy detail, a perfect combination of rough and soft. Her hair was all about shape and texture; I cut it shorter creating a choppy, slightly A-line look." To get Kate Mara's stylish hair use this step-by-step below.
- To Create texture, spray L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Boost It High Lift Creation Spray and rough-dry for volume at the roots.
- Loosely create a wave with a 1.5" curling iron.
- Spray hair liberally using L'Oreal Paris Elnett Extra Hold Satin hairspray.
- For added Texture separation, dab L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle TXT IT Hyper Fix Putty onto fingertips and piece out the ends.
Makeup Artist Lisa Storey for L'Oreal Paris said, "Lena Headey wore a gorgeous architectural dress and has a great short haircut right now, so I decided to go for a modern Audrey Hepburn look with a bit of an edge." Lena's step-by-step below.
- Prep the skin using L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Moisture Blur.
- Next, blend L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Blur Foundation across the face using a darker hue to add a bit of contour around the cheekbones.
- Bring a fresh, youthful look to the face by adding L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Blur blush in Soft Pink Rose and L'Oreal Paris Visible Lift Blur Concealer in Light -Clair as a highlighter. blend concealer across the under eye, brow bone and cheekbone for a natural highlight.
- Line the eyes using L'Oreal Paris Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in black. Create a thicker line and extend it slightly, but not so far as a traditional cat-eye.
- Lashes were key to the standout eye look, and L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in blackest Black provided just the right amount of volume and rich color.
- Fill in Brows very naturally and without looking too overly-styled using L'Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor in Brunette.
- The darker hues of L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Dual Effects Eye Shadow in Perpetual Nude and create dimension on the yields, while the lightest golden shade serve as highlighter for the inner corners.
- As a finishing touch, use L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Balm Pop in Electric Pink. It will instantly make any look appear youthful and not too "serious"!
Heidi Klum's Nail Artist Tom Bachik for L'Oreal Paris said, "Heidi's dress is a gorgeous Chantilly red-orande color. It's very bright and summery, yet clean. I wanted her nail look to be fresh, so that her dress stood out as the pop of color. The nail look is simple, classic and glamorous." Heidi's step-by-step is below.
- Shape nails using a file, creating a natural rounded look. This elongates the hand, making it ultra-feminine.
- Apply a summer, fresh pink nude shade like L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in Doutzen's Nude.
- Top with L'Oreal Paris Top of the Line Top Coat for a polished, fresh finish.
- Massage L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil all over nails and cuticles to keep them healthy looking and hydrated.
Tom Bachik for L'Oreal Paris was also Zooey Deschanel's Nail Artist and had to say, "Zooey is sporting a super-hot pink dress, so I wanted to create a simple and classic look, playing up the tone-on-tone style. We wanted her nails to be clean and traditional, but with a fun, modern twist. I loved the idea of a reverse moon look on her. It's architectural, straight and very sleek." Here is her step-by-step also.
- Polish each nail using a baby pink, such as L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in I Pink I'm In Love.
- Place electric pink nail art tape about 3/4 of the way down the nail in a horizontal line.
- Apply L'Oreal Paris To of the Line Top coat to seal in the look.
- Add a few drops of L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Glow Renewal Facial Oil directly onto nails and cuticles for extra miniaturization and shine.
Last but not least Hairstylist Mara Roszak for L'Oreal Paris said, "Michelle wore a one of a kind gown by a Brooklyn designer. I chose to highlight the classic ease of the dress by creating a beautiful, effortless bun parted in the middle for a cool, modern feel." See Michelle Dockery's step-by-step below.
- Start by applying L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle BOOST IT blow Out HeatSpray all over the hair for soft volume. Then blow the hair out using a boar bristle round brush,, parting down the center once dry.
- Spray L'Oreal Paris Elnett Strong Hold Satin Hairspray all over to add hold and texture.
- Section the front of the hair - in front of the ear, forward, and off on both sides. Then, pull the back into a low ponytail securing tightly was an elastic. Take one side at a time to the back, wrapping the ends around the ponytails elastic.
- Softly tease the ponytail at the base (closest to the elastic), smooth over the top and wrap into a bun at the nape of the neck, crisscrossing bobby pins to secure. For added hold, spray hairspray directly onto the pins before placing them in the hair.
- Allow a few pieces around the face to fall out for a soft, whimsical look.
- Finish off with L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle LOCK IT Weather Control Hairspray for a strong hold that lasts through the night.