It is hard to find a person who does not wish for an exciting career. However, the definition of exciting may be diverse for different people. For some, excitement comes in the form of earning big bucks at the end of the month while others find it immensely satisfactory by expressing their creativity through their daily work.
Whether a handsome salary awaits them at the end of the month hardly matters for the latter group. What matters to them most is that they have the opportunity to let loose their creative self at work. Talking about a creative profession, a new option has hit the block recently. It is creating memes.
Memes create quite a stir on Facebook
Memes have been an overnight sensation on Facebook. Whenever there is a need to crack witty jokes, pass a sarcastic comment, flaunt a humorous side or be satirical, people resort to memes to do all these successfully. And the most surprising part is that not only the young people, adults too are getting enthusiastic about the idea of creating a meme and then, posting it on social networking sites to spread fun and frolic, to prove they have an amazing sense of humor and last but not the least, to be popular in the virtual world.
A career in memes creation
Back to the main topic, creating a meme is not just a leisure-time activity or a popularity stunt these days. Meme creation has evolved to be a nice and interesting career option for all innovative and humorous souls. Yes, to consider this intriguing profession, just being innovative is not all.
You must possess an ability to make people laugh i.e. you must have a great sense of humor. And you have to be a bit more serious as well, serious in the sense that you have to put extra effort to come up with an extremely amusing meme. A casual approach (as we tend to be while being personal) is something your boss will not appreciate.
While talking about this new and unique career, it is important to pen down some words about the concept of memes.
What is a meme?
To put it simple and straight, a meme is a social idea. This social idea is created combining some powerful words and some beguiling images perfectly. The pictures and the words should match each other; otherwise the purpose goes all waste.
One who creates and posts memes either aims to spread awareness about a serious issue through a funny medium or simply wants to flaunt his creative nature. In any case, memes are effortlessly hilarious and it is the undertones that propagate the funny element. Memes go viral in just a fraction of a minute and that is the most astonishing characteristic of this highly funny social idea.
Some bigwigs are quite famous for throwing tantrums by misusing their fame and name. You may not be aware of these news, but if you have a social media account, you can hardly miss them. Ask how? The answer is memes. Memes on snobbish celebrities are quite a rage. The same goes for political memes. A take on infamous corruption in the field of politics becomes tremendously side-splitting and quite alarming news through memes.
So, the ultimate thing is memes cannot be avoided and a career in meme creation is enormously exhilarating.
Why the demand of meme designers?
Businesses are very much influenced by the idea of memes being so funny, popular and that they go viral within a short span of time. They are keen to utilize them for the bigger and better promotion of their services or products on the web world. So, what factors are actually driving businesses so crazy about memes? What are the reasons behind the sudden demand of good meme designers? Let’s find out:
• Memes are already at the top of the popularity charts. So, it makes sense for businesses to make use of something that is already well-accepted and hugely admired. This advertising tool cannot go off the track in any way. After all, there is no need to start from the scratch to come up with a unique marketing strategy.
• One of the essentials of online promotion is increasing website traffic. Memes have what it takes to pull higher traffic to a website. When there is a meme added to a link, users will definitely feel an urge to click on it!
• Almost everyone today has social media accounts and most of them are active users. If a business decides to advertise its products or services on social networking sites with the help of memes, the promotion will be successful for sure.
All these factors heighten the demand of efficient and competent meme designers.
Some tips for aspiring meme designers
If you are sure about your creativity and sense of humor and decided to plunge into the profession of meme creation, here are some useful advices that may contribute to your success.
• Do not use memes in offensive terms. The idea behind memes is just sheer fun. These are created to amuse people and you should respect that.
• Try to be witty, funny, satirical and sarcastic. But, never put any effort to insult anyone in your workplace by creating a meme. Always remember, humiliation in the virtual world is disastrous for everyone.
• Stay away from using real images of anyone whom you are making fun of in a meme. Show off your artistic sense by creating a cartoonish portrait that resembles the person to a certain extent.
• Do not poke fun on anyone’s personal issues while creating memes. This is thoroughly objectionable.
• Hone your skills at home and prepare yourself well for this thrilling career.
• Be confident, inventive and maintain authenticity.
Pay attention to these points and expect a shining career as a meme designer. All the best for that!