Makeup artist Kristofer Buckle used Laura Mercier to create Renée Zellweger's beautiful, glowing look, which perfectly complemented her golden matte Carolina Herrera dress at the 85th Academy Awards last night. Buckle noted that the final look was “really put together and natural.”
Buckle described the look as “sexy, pretty and fresh.” He noted that Zellweger wanted an “easy glamour look,” so he took all of the colors that are naturally present on Renée’s face and magnified them to give her a “neutral, non-fussy” look. Buckle turned to Laura Mercier to create the actress’s flawless look, since he knows that the brand is renowned for having product that “enhance the natural beauty” and “has a great selection of colors that blend well.”
- Buckle first applied Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude ($43) all over Zellweger’s face.
- To ensure the actress’s face was flawless, he used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2 ($30) under the eyes and to conceal any spots.
- He then set the look with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent ($35).
- For the cheeks, he first used Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Matte Bronze ($32) to highlight the cheekbones and then dabbed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Rosebud ($24) on the apples of the cheeks.
Simple but Sexy Eyes:
- To create Zellweger’s “no-fuse” eyes, Buckle applied Laura Mercier Matte Eye Colour in Truffle ($23) all over the eyelids.
- He then lined the actress’s eyes with Laura Mercier Crème Eye Liner in Noir ($22).
- Finally, Buckle used one coat of Laura Mercier Faux Lash Mascara ($24) to amplify her natural lashes.
- To achieve a subtle pink pout, Buckle applied Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Girly