The Florida State Fair returns to celebrate its theme "Florida: 500 Years In The Making" Thursday, Feb. 7. The State Fair is annually held at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 U.S. 301 North which runs for 12 days in Tampa, Fla.
Visitors, tourists and locals are treated to more than 100 rides, games; diverse entertainment as well as fattening food - funnel cakes, cotton candy, ice cream, and unimaginable fried foods. Exhibitors round up their handiwork and students participating in 4H and FFA (Future Farmers of America) are eager to show their skills and up rearing of their animals.
The fair has numerous daily activities and provides discount specials. Purchase tickets by Feb. 6 to save up to $4 off fair admission tickets and $5 off ride armbands. Tickets may be purchased in advance at Walgreens, online or for other purchase options click ===>Florida State Fair tickets. Admission for children ages 5 and under is free.
- Saturday and Sunday $12 for ages 12 and older, $6 for ages 6 to 11
- Monday through Friday $10 for ages 12 and older, $5 for ages 6 to 11
- $5 after 5 p.m. on Feb. 7, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 18
- Midway ride armbands are available only on specific days Feb. 10, 15 and 17 cost $30 at the Fairgrounds, advance purchase save $5; $20 after 3 p.m. on opening day Feb. 7 and $15 after 3 p.m. on Feb. 13 (sold at the Fairgrounds only)
- Pepsi Armband Day - save $5 on armband with an empty Diet Mountain Dew on Feb. 8 and 18
Special admission discount days:
- Heroes Day – Thursday, Feb. 7 free admission for all active, reserve, or retired military veterans, law enforcement, firemen and first responders with valid identification
- Student Day - Hillsborough County students receive a free admission ticket Friday, Feb. 8; surrounding Hillsborough County students receive a free admission ticket Monday, Feb. 18
- 4-H and FFA Day - free admission with member I.D. or jacket on Feb. 9 and 16
- Senior Days gate admission $8, advance tickets $6 for 55+ on Feb. 11, 12, 13 and 14
- Family Fun Pack - $20 admission for up to four people (sold at the Fairgrounds only) Feb. 18
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas - Sunday, Feb. 10 admission $15 VIP seating, $10 reserved seating and limited free Mezzanine level bleacher seating
- Bellamy Brothers - Tuesday, Feb. 12 admission $15 VIP seating, $10 reserved seating and limited free Mezzanine level bleacher seating
- Less Than Jake - Thursday, Feb. 14 admission $15 VIP seating, $10 reserved seating and limited free Mezzanine level bleacher seating
- LeAnn Rimes - Monday, Feb. 18 admission $35 VIP seating, $30 premium reserved seating and $25 reserved seating
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m. at the Entertainment Hall
- Country Gold Tour featuring Leroy Van Dyke and the Auctioneers, Jim Ed Brown, Helen Cornelius, T. Graham Brown, Steve and Rudy Gatlin at the Entertainment Hall with two performances at noon and 4 p.m. Admission VIP $15 and reserved seating $10
Gate admission is not included with purchase of armbands, ride tickets, or concert tickets. All events, concerts, scheduled times, exhibitors, and prices are subject to change and/or cancel without notice.
This year gates open on weekdays at 10 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Closing time varies daily and depending on weather conditions. Parking is free during the fair. For out of town visitors and tourists, if you need a hotel visit Florida State Fair's preferred hotels. For additional information and schedule click ===>events calendar.
Make sure to plan your day in advance, eat a good meal and dress comfortable to enjoy all the rides, sounds, games, shows, food and competitions at the Florida State Fair.
Comments are more than welcome. Subscribe to keep informed of my articles, local and non-local events and happenings, photos and videos added. Seeking sponsors as well. Feel free to like, share/repost the link. Please don’t copy any content nor reproduce photos. Check out my other examiner sections: Latin Music Examiner, City Guides Examiner and Tampa Cultural Events Examiner.
Sus comentarios son bien recibidos. Inscríbase para mantenerse informados de mis escritos, fotos y videos. Comparta este escrito y o las fotos. Pero por favor no reproducir/copiar las fotos ni su contenido. Vea mi otras secciones: Latin Music Examiner, City Guides Examiner y Tampa Cultural Events Examiner.