September 15, 2013
In Chicago, fall and winter are practically synonymous with cold weather. If you’re looking for indoor activity places where your kids can have fun during even the harshest weather, then check out the following six locations.
- Pinstripes has three locations in the Chicago area and is the perfect place to take older children. The locations boast indoor bocce ball, as well as bowling alleys. You and your kids can grab a bite to eat in between games, as Pinstripes offers everything from flatbread to pasta, sandwiches and salads.
- If your child likes to jump around, then consider taking them to Monkey Joe’s. With two locations in the Chicago area, Monkey Joe’s offers a way for children to bounce and jump to their heart’s content.
- While the temperature might be cold, if not outright freezing, you can still take your children swimming indoors at The Water Works. Located at 505 N. Springinsguth Rd. in Schaumburg, the facility features a lap pool, water slides, and a diving pool. It also has a family changing room and a gradual entrance in the pool.
- Jump Zone also features an inflatable bounce area. While it is available for parties, walk-ins are also welcome. Jump Zone has seven locations in the Chicagoland area, and features special areas for parents to relax, as well as inflatable areas specifically designed for children ages three and under.
- Care for a game of miniature golf? Space Golf (15611 S. 94th Ave. in Orland Park) features an out of this world theme, as well as laser tag and an arcade.
- If your kids prefer to learn about nature, then consider heading to The Grove National Historic Landmark (1421 Milwaukee Ave. in Glenview). Learn how the area looked when the first settlers arrived, and get up close and personal with snakes, fish, turtles and more.