"“I gave her those legs. She’s always going to have those long gorgeous legs. We just toned and firmed in all the right places," explained Mari.
"When she first came to me we worked together every single day for eight months straight," Mari added. "She wanted to change her body for her new music career. She doesn't do the lazy stretchy Pilates, she does the real deal!"
You can do the "real deal" with Mari herself by investing in her new Pilates DVD: "Mari Winsor's Pink Ribbon Pilates" (click to order). In addition to four workouts that use floor work, the DVD includes a resistance band. A percentage of each purchase contributes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Mari says that the moves that are key to getting abs like Miley's are sidekicks, core work and so-called Cadillac exercises. As shown in the new DVD "Pink Ribbon Pilates," Mari believes in repeated movements for major benefits.
“When we work out we don’t just do a couple of moves. It’s at least a half an hour of working out. You have to learn how to not just tighten up your tummy but actually pull your tummy in to your lower back as much as you can. Just doing 40 crunches a day isn’t gonna do it for you,” Mari says.
- Energize (20 min): Increase energy with this morning wake-up routine designed to activate the core, glutes, legs and arms.
- Sculpt (20 min): Combine the resistance band with Mari's signature Pilates moves to sculpt and tone twice as fast and get that long lean Pilates body.
- Flow (20 min): No additional resistance needed for this floor routine that combines core strengthening with lower body work for a head-to-toe make-over.
- Restore and Stretch (20 min): Discover peace and calm with this soothing stretch work out that focuses on spine strengthening and core centering.
- Road to Recovery (20 min): Designed to do after an illness, this routine centers on gentle spinal twists, trunk strengthening and rejuvenating stretching.