Seems like Old Man Winter still has a pretty good grip on Oklahoma and the majority of the country too. Oh, how we long for all of our favorite grilled goods, but just don’t want to brave the elements to get them.
While it’s not exactly the same, a grill pan, some well-chosen seasoning and your oven can simulate that great grilled flavor until we can venture outside again to do it.
This method will work with any protein; however, you will need to adjust the time accordingly.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Preheat a grill pan over high heat.
- Lightly grease an appropriate sized baking dish.
- Season protein as desired. If unsure, good old salt and pepper are always good choices.
- Place on grill and leave it alone – don’t move it for several minutes. It will stick to the surface and tear if moved too soon.
- Depending on type of protein, carefully turn it over and sear until it has nicely browned grill marks.
- Transfer the protein to the prepared baking dish and place in oven until cooked through. Of course, this time will vary depending on what you’re cooking. Chicken breast halves could take as long as 10-15 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and allow to rest for at least five minutes.
- Use as desired.