How about a day in the countryside? Owner of culinary school Good Keuken Blake Van Roekel and sustainable food advocate Lane Selman have organized a series of fascinating tours to help city folk learn more about Oregon’s rich agricultural community firsthand.
Participants will have the option of experiencing lambing season, getting an up–close look at draft horses, and learning about oyster production on the coast. After the tour, guests will enjoy a chef-prepared picnic lunch and libations.
- March 22 Spring Lambing tour at Vitality Farms in Corvallis and Gathering Together Farm in Philomath
- April 19 Oregon Wine and Cheese tour at Quail Run Creamery and Big Table Farm on the Oregon Coast Range
- Beginning May 7 Weekly urban farm tours of five NE neighborhood farms
- May 31 Farming with Draft Horses at 47th Avenue Farm and Illahe Vineyards on Grand Island and the Dalles
- June 21 A Taste of the Sea with Jacobsen Salt in Netarts Bay