Six German winemakers will visit the Charles F. Lucas Confectionery & Wine Bar in Troy for a "summit" highlighting their nation's five classic wine grape-growing regions.
The event is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. Monday (March 4).
Each winemaker will present selected samples from their estate, paired with artisinal cheeses selected by the venue staff.
"This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for Upstate wine enthusiasts," said Heather LaVine, Confectionery co-owner. "Having this many talented winemakers in one space is extremely rare."
The German Estates Group visitors, all from the southwest of Germany, are:
- Karin Fischer, Dr. Fischer (Saar Region)
- Derek Vinnicombe, Dr. Thanisch and Bollig Lehnert (Mosel Region)
- Ursula Muller, G.A. Schneider (Rheinhessen Region)
- Frank Hayden, Dr. Heyden (Rheinhessen Region)
- Achim Eberle, Fitz Ritter (Pflaz Region)
- Paul Anheuser, Anheuser (Nahe Region)
Frederick Wildman & Sons Importers is underwriting the event.
The Confectionary is located at 12 Second Street, just off Monument Square. Phone: 518-326-3450.