According to an article published by CNN on October 10, the parents of 17-year-old Kendrick Johnson asked a judge to let them exhumed their son's body to have a second autopsy performed months after his death, and the results of that autopsy were shocking in more ways than one.
CNN reports that Kendrick's parents, Kenneth and Jacquelyn Johnson paid to have a private autopsy performed by Dr. Bill Anderson in June. Upon opening Johnson's body, Anderson said he learned that all of his organs had been removed and replaced with newspaper.
Anderson says he isn't sure who failed to replaced Johnson's organs, but said every organ from his pelvis to his skull had been removed.
Reports indicate that two entities had control of Johnson's body after his death; the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the Harrington Funeral Home.
A spokesperson for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation told reporters that the organs were returned to Johnson's body before he was handed over to the funeral home. The funeral home has yet to comment.
Jacquelyn Johnson says that stuffing her son's body with newspaper was like treating him "like he was a garbage can.”
Kendrick Johnson was found dead rolled up inside a gym mat inside his high school gym last January. At the time, officials ruled Johnson's death an accident; claiming he died from positional asphyxia. However, after his second autopsy, Dr. Anderson now says Johnson died from “blunt force trauma.”
In spite of the new autopsy results, Georgia officials are reportedly standing behind their original findings.
To be among the first to receive News from the Louisville News Examiner, please hit subscribe just under the media on the top left of your screen. It's anonymous and completely free.
If you need to contact the Louisville News Examiner send her an email to LouisvilleNewsExaminer@Gmail.com.