Why we need your help:
Most of the dogs and cats at the Georgia SPCA adoption center are rescued from high kill animal control facilities. SOme come from abusive or life-threatening situations, and we also accept animals from community residents who are no longer able to keep their pets. We care for these animals, provide them with emergency medical care when needed, make sure they are vaccinated, heartworm-free, spayed or neutered, and microchipped. Then we house them and feed them and love them until they find their forever home. We are working every day to improve the lives of the homeless animals in our community, but there is so much more to do, and we need your help to do it.
We receive no public funding, and we are not affiliated with any other animal welfare agency. Instead, we rely on the community's support to continue our mission. Very simply, the more donations we receive -- money, time, goods and services -- the more animals we can help. Whatever you can give will make an incredible difference in a homeless animal's life.
All donations, whether monetary or material, are tax deductible.
Thanks to your donations, we have already been able to accomplish a tremendous amount since the Georgia SPCA opened in 2007. Here are just some of the ways we have made sure your contributions are used to help needy companion animals right here in Georgia:
- In 2008, we helped close a Jackson County, GA, puppy mill, with over 300 animals taken (the largest dog seizure in Georgia).
- In 2009, we partnered with law enforcement when they shut down two dog fighting rings in Talbot County and Montgomery County, GA, rescuing 63 dogs.
- In 2011, we more than doubled the size of our Adoption Center, entirely with donated materials and labor. This allowed us to expand our kennel space and rescue more animals.
- We have provided emergency medical care for many animals who have come to us with injuries or other conditions that required special, and often costly, medical treatment.
- Since opening our doors, we have rescued more than 4,000 animals and placed them into loving homes.
Your support is vital to continuing our mission of caring for homeless animals in our community. You can make a general donation using our secure server, or follow one of the links in the box at the top of this page to find out more about the many ways you can help.
If you prefer, you may mail your contribution directly to:
1175 Buford Hwy., Suite 109
Suwanee, GA 30024