Even the best of corporate cultures have a bad moment from time to time. Any employee can have a bad day and react harshly or harmfully to their coworkers. With true teamwork team members tend to work well together but that does not insulate them from bad days. What it does is equip them to detect the bad day of another team member and react positively to it.
Unlike the typical workplace reaction of resentment or retaliation toward the person having the bad day the team turns around the bad day. This will involve some sort of positive act or comment that will become a memorable moment.
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,” said comic George Carlin, “But by the moments that take our breath away.”
Image being at work and having a bad day when a team member unexpectedly invites you to join them for break or surprises you with an empathetic email or card. These become moments that will last for a long time but, more importantly, may be the positive thing that turns the day around.
This is another installment of a series of motivational quotes providing information about the persons being quoted and the application to our daily life. I is based on material prepared by getmaximpact.com of Rochester Hills, Mich., and is intended as a tool for building the success of today’s business professionals. It is © copyright getmaximpact.com and used with their permission.
Resources for creating a winning workplace culture:
- Cultural roadmap, a look at the contents of the character within each of us.
- Max Impact offers free leadership training and development materials including Cultural Faux Pas and Culture Quizzes
- Keep your workforce motivated with these motivational quotes.
- Books about workplace cultures.
- “Life’s Leadership Lessons”: 53 anecdotal leadership lessons ideal for building leadership during staff meetings.