Hollywood is not an easy place to make a living. There is no doubt that once someone gets a starring role or other big break their life is forever changed.
Still many that head to the bright lights of tinsel town end up taking whatever position they can find to squeeze out a living while looking for that break.
George Burns, part of the iconic comedy team that included his wife Gracie Allen, reflected on his fortune at having such an illustrious career.
“I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy,” Burns said, “than a success at something I hated.”
This advice encourages people to work diligently on something they love doing instead of taking the first career path that exposes an opportunity. It can be difficult for the unemployed to see the wisdom of Burns’ statement but the person locked in an unrewarding career truly understands his point.
This is another installment of a series of motivational quotes, their speaker and the implications on our life. Based on material prepared by getmaximpact.com of Rochester Hills, Mich., as a tool for building the success of today’s business professionals. It is copyrighted by getmaximpact.com and used with their permission.
- Michigan Works support centers offers job transition support.
- Lesson in interviewing, a tip of what you should not say to recruiters.
- How to write a killer resume.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect - The official website for job hunters seeking new careers and employers looking to post jobs and hire employees in Michigan.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency - Manages unemployment taxes and insurance. Learn key job seeking information.
- Veterans Employment Services, information regarding Michigan jobs, careers and employment assistance for Veterans.
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Works with individuals with disabilities to prepare for and obtain employment.
- “How to Find a Job When There Are No Jobs”: a necessary job search book and career planning guide for surviving and prospering in today's hyper competitive job market.
- “301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions”.
- “Your Social Media Job Search”: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, and other tools to get the job you want!
- “101 Weird Ways to Make Money”: Unusual jobs that produce good pay with little competition.