To all of the stylish men out there you are never forgotten. It’s time to take a much needed break from all of the chaos of women’s wear and focus solely on those debonair darling of men and their enticing fashion senses.
This Spring menswear has decided to mellow out and delve into the casual, composed and hang loose fits that are still handsome but in a very cavalier way-- think boxier silhouettes and bulkier fits.
The two preeminent trends on the runways this spring are leather paneling and suede. A swarm of suede styles were spotted on the runways for Calvin Klein, Bottega Veneta and Bally. Leather paneling was in use on everything from jackets to sweatshirts to shorts and proved to be the winning ticket for the Alexander Wang, Acne, Lanvin and Valentino shows.
For outerwear trends bomber jackets and trench coats received top billing, they peeked on the Spring 2013 runways for Ann Demeulemeester, Balmain and Burberry Prorsum-- Prorsum’s metallic color blocked satin bomber jacket a top of a two piece suit ended the show.
There were touches of floral in addition to bold and bright colors sprinkled here and there, however, the cardinal colors on the runway were black and white. White has become a fixture this Spring for Menswear , the classic color was visible on the 3.1 Phillip Lim, John Varvatos and Maison Martin Margiela runways.
Plaid also made for a surprise presence--Alexander McQueen, Band of Outsiders and Louis Vuitton all featured plaid for their collections. Stripes were another runaway hit, the print was dispersively used in various styles including the picnic décor favorite gingham style, and in patterns of micro color blocking.
For the style conscious gentleman duffel bags and flashy sunglasses are a must have accessory this Spring. To upgrade your wardrobe throw in a suit or two as suits were also hot a commodity on the runways. Here are 15 looks inspired by the Menswear Spring 2013 runways that will keep you oh so cool this season...
1. Nat Nast pleated front silk-blend shorts $56.25 lastcall.com
2. Zara sweater w/faux leather yoke $60 zara.com
3. Mango Pecari bomber jacket $150 mango.com
4. Bonobos regular fit sport shirt $78 nordstrom.com
5. ASOS sweatshirt w/raglan sleeves $30.52 asos.com
6. Zara weekender w/pockets $129 zara.com
7. Cubavera herringbone blazer $70 macys.com
8. G.H. Bass Explorer casual button down shirt $22 kohls.com
9. John Varvatos Venetian loafers $198 bloomingdales.com
10. Zara Ergonomic trousers $69 zara.com
11. Burberry Brit cotton trench coat $895 neimanmarcus.com
12. Gucci sunglasses $245 sunglasshut.com
13. Mossimo Men’s tank $10 target.com
14. H&M shirt $20 hm.com
15. Grey/white bomber jacket $90 riverisland.com
16. Levi's denim vest $78 macys.com