The Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce is jumping on the "restaurant week" bandwagon with an interesting twist.
While most such promotional events have restaurants offering a prix fixe dinner and a few also offer a lunch special, but with no requirement for specific ingredients.
Geneva's "We Love Local Restaurant Week," scheduled to run from September 15 to 19, is guaranteeing that participating restaurants will offer breakfasts and dinners made from at least three local products, such as Finger Lakes wines, produce, meats and cheeses.
Sixteen restaurants already have been signed up.
$10 Breakfast Specials
• Captains Room Café, 368 Exchange Street
• Opus Espresso and Wine Bar, 486 Exchange Street
• Water Street Café, 467 Exchange Street
$25 Dinner Specials
• Bagels ~ Cakes, 476 Hamilton Street
• Beef & Brew, 293 Main Street
• The Cobblestone Restaurant, 3610 Pre-Emption Road
• Crow’s Nest, 415 Boodys Hill Road, Waterloo
• Dana’s Time Out, 258 Hamilton Street
• Eddie O’Briens, 92 Seneca Street
• Halsey’s Restaurant, 106 Seneca Street
• Nonna Cosentino’s Trattoria, 1 Railroad Place
• The Pier House at the Ramada, 41 Lakefront Drive
• Red Dove Tavern, 30 Castle Street
• Seneca Brew and Smokehouse, 4516 West Lake Road
• Torrey Park Grill, 89 Avenue E
• Uncle Joe’s Pizzeria, 99 North Genesee Street