The Geneva Festival of the Vine is a celebration of the arts, food and wine, being held Fri.-Sat. and Sun., Sept. 6-7-8, 2013. Geneva, in the far western suburbs of Chicago, Ill., is a popular day trip and this weekend offers an abundance of entertainment in a festival-like atmosphere.
Geneva's Festival of the Vine celebrates the fall harvest and the flavors of autumn. The fest features food from local restaurants and music and dancing from Chicagoland entertainers on the Flavor Fare stage. The popular wine tasting tent is located near the large food tent, creating a hub area for people to gather. In addition, many of the local restaurants and merchants offer special events throughout the town.
Festival events include the food tent, wine tasting tent, entertainment on the Flavor Fare Stage, arts and crafts show, merchant wine offerings, flower market and live demonstrations. A complimentary trolley and horse-drawn carriage offer rides in Geneva’s historic downtown, where people can shop in the local stores.
The food tent features taste size portions of food from local restaurants. This year's menu includes items such as: mini-filet sandwiches, shrimp avocado tostadas, shrimp tacos, Cuban sandwiches, Prime Rib sandwiches, garlic crab sandwiches, pulled pork, chicken lemone, rosemary lamb meatballs, turkey meatballs and much more. The nearby wine tent has an ample selection of wines, priced at $4, $6 or $12, depending on the vintage. Purchase tickets for food and wine at the ticket booth.
The Flavor Fare Stage is visible from the food and wine tent area. The band lineup for the weekend includes:
- Fri.: Ken Sclaf (4-5:30 p.m.), Blind Reflexx (6-7:30 p.m.) and The Dennis O'Brien Band (8-9:30 p.m.).
- Sat.: Dropped Once (4-5:30 p.m.), Lincoln Don't Lie (6-7:30 p.m.) and Hiline Band (8-9:30 p.m.).
- Sun.: The Blind Roosevelts (12 noon-4 p.m.).
The local merchants and restaurants are offering special events, such as wine tastings, chocolate tastings and chair massages. Pick up a brochure and map at the fest, or see the schedule on the Festival of the Vine brochure on the website.
Please see The Festival of the Vine website for additional information.
- Indian Summer Festival celebrates Great Lakes in Milwaukee
- Fests in Chicago celebrate first weekend of Sept., 2013
- Chicago suburbs: Chicago area festivals first weekend in Sept. 2013
- American Eagle turns orange for food drive at Six Flags in Gurnee
- German Oktoberfest in Milwaukee four weekends after Labor Day