ACL festival is just a few days away and hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who has already bought a wristband. If not, only the second weekend passes are still available. If you are a newbie to the festival, here are some important tips and information you should know.
- Register your wristband. This is mandatory and it is peace of mind that your wristband stays with you all weekend. If you connect with facebook, then you have opportunities to win giveaways and ticket upgrades.
- Decide on transportation-There is no parking at Zilker but there are other alternatives. A free shuttle is available. Board at Republic Square at the corner of 4th & Guadalupe streets. The shuttle begins at 11am, and make their final return from the park at 11pm. Cabs are also an option but be prepared to possibly wait awhile. Be aware of road closures.
- Parking: One Texas Center is providing parking at Barton Springs Road and South 1st Street. Friday it is FREE after 5pm, but Saturday and Sunday are $10 a day. You can also park at Palmer Events Center. Do not park in residential areas.
- Exiting and Re-entering: 3 day pass holders can enter and exit up to 5 times a day.
- Some items you can bring in: a collapsible chair, sunscreen (not aerosol), 2 factory sealed bottles of water (take full advantage of bringing in 2 water bottles to save a few bucks), a blanket, hand-held umbrella, empty Camlebak, and empty aluminum or plastic water bottle. Use a backpack to carry your small items.
- No camping is allowed at the park, but here is a link for other places in the area.
- No professional cameras allowed.
- Bring cash. There will be ATM's on-site but you could be waiting in a long line.
- Signing up for the ACL festival Elist will keep you current on critical updates and announcements. You can also check out the ACL Facebook and Twitter page.
- Remember to pack your cell phone. It's always good to have in case of emergencies.
- Stay hydrated and don't forget to eat.
- Share your experience with the world, and post on your social media sites. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, and Flickr are just a few.
- HAVE FUN!
We look forward to you sharing your festival experience.
To receive an email notification when Jill Wedel posts a new story, click on +subscribe at either the top or bottom of the page. Stay connected with Jill by clicking here.