With only a few days left until the release of Borderlands 2 DLC, "Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt," Gearbox Software has arranged a Gear Up Weekend event for players to get in on some new gear over the weekend. Starting today, players who go online with Borderlands 2 will be able to search various areas for an "influx of powerful shotguns." The shotguns will continue to be placed around the in-game maps until tomorrow morning at 8:55AM PST, and then a different type of weapon scavenge hunt will commence at 9AM.
Gearbox also released a patch earlier this week for some of the weaponry bugs on the PC version, detailed below:
- Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC
- Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious
- Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking
- Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt for Borderlands 2 will be available for download for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on Jan 15 for 800 MSP, or $9.99.
Follow Phylicia on Twitter for the latest in unrelenting gaming news.