Garmin today announced that it will start shipping two new watches this fall, the Forerunner 620 and Forerunner 220. Described as the "next best thing to having a personal running coach," the watches have a number of features that help runners train to their highest potential.
The Forerunner 620 offers a number of advanced features, including race predictor, recovery advisor and V02 max estimate. When accompanied by the new HRM-Run monitor, the 620 gives runners feedback on their form. It also boasts a built-in accelerometer for distance and pace. It also helps runners learn how much recovery time they need between workouts.
Both watches have the capability of uploading workouts to Garmin's online system, Garmin Connect. Here, family and friends are able to monitor the runner's progress through a live tracking system. In addition, when regularly connecting the new watches to this system, it helps to speed up satellite connectivity, meaning runners no longer have to spend minutes waiting for a signal before starting a run.
“Whether running indoors or out, Forerunner 620 and 220 will change the way runners look at training,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of worldwide sales. “Advanced features in the 620 such as recovery advisor, VO2 max estimate, race predictor and stats on running economy, combined with connected features and training plan options found in both the 620 and 220, make these watches must haves for runners of all levels. To keep runners motivated the watches also notice if runners hit any personal records on that run, like their fastest mile, 5k, 10k, half or full marathon or their longest run to date.”
Other features include:
- Water resistant to 50m
- Rechargeable batteries lasting up to six weeks in watch mode and up to 10 hours in training mode
- Forerunner 620 features a touchscreen display that can be operated while wearing gloves on the run
- Forerunner 220 boasts easy-to-push buttons
- Unique colors: Forerunner 620 available in blue/black and white/orange; Forerunner 220 available in black/red and white/violet
- Forerunner 620 suggested retail price of $399.99/$449.99 (HRM-Run Bundle)
- Forerunner 220 suggested retail price of $249.99/$299.99 (Heart Rate Bundle
For more information about the two new models, as well as Garmin's other product offerings, visit http://www.garmin.com/intosports.