Brussels sprouts are one of those vegetables that are so very healthy and provide much needed vitamins to everyone. Unfortunately most people pass them up because of their unique and earthy flavor. Now you can unleash their taste and infuse it with garlic in an easy roasting process that will change the way everyone looks and thinks of Brussels sprouts. Some children may not appreciate a delicate mustard sauce that is creamy and adds more flavor and another texture to this vegetable but adults will love this simple sauce as well as another way to prepare Brussels sprouts for dinner when the family needs a change from the usual.
- 1 ½ pounds of fresh Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, mined
- Preheat oven to 350’.
- Place the halved Brussels sprouts upon a non greased cookie sheet.
- Mix together the oil and garlic and drizzle over the sprouts.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Stir the sprouts so they don’t stick ever 5 minutes.
- Transfer this vegetable side dish to a bowl and serve with dinner.
Creamy mustard sauce
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- A pinch of white pepper
- A pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan combine the whipping cream, mustard, salt and pepper together and bring to a gentle boil over a medium-low flame.
- Once the sauce comes to a boil lower the heat to low and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until it begins to thicken slightly.
- Pour this creamy mustard sauce over the sprouts or place in a small gravy boat for those who want some added flavor.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved