Once Upon A Child, currently located at 3046 Lavon Drive #144, has announced its plans to relocate to the Patriot Shopping Center off I90 this spring. The children's resale shop may very well be Garland's best kept secret for saving and even making money on gently used children's items, They expect to double their store size and will be making more purchases to accommodate the space.
The concept is simple: Provide parents with an efficient and convenient way to recycle children's items that are in excellent condition but that their children have outgrown. In addition, parents can purchase gently used clothing, toys, furniture and more at affordable rates.
Here's how it works:
- clean out your kid's closet and dresser drawers
- bring your gently used items into the store
- sign in with a team member and learn the time frame needed to review your items
- browse the store for awesome deals while your offer is being prepared
- review and accept the store's offer (no purchase is necessary, but offer amounts can be applied to current purchases)
- clothing and accessories must be purchased within the last 5 years
- toys and equipment must meet current safety standards and include all parts
- make sure clothing is freshly laundered and free of stains and excessive wear
- neatly fold clothing in a box or shopping bag (not garbage bags)
The store's top 5 most wanted items include:
- boys clothing (4-7 years)
- high chairs
Once Upon A Child also offers a "Frequent Shoppers Club" good for 20% off your next purchase when you fill your shopping card with stamps for every $10 you spend.