Children's Voice Inc., is hosting a half marathon and four mile run/walk on Saturday, September 28th in Madison, WI. The races are near the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Proceeds from the event benefit the Children's Voice Inc, a nonprofit organization, that works tirelessly to educate and stop child abuse.
Children's Voice Inc., is headed by Jill Nyland, who has a personal mission to put an end to child abuse. The organization distributes educational materials to schools, libraries, parents, and daycares to educate all care takers on how to identify, report, and help prevent child abuse. Come out and join together with Children's Voice Inc. to help stop child abuse.
- Start Time: Half Marathon at 7:00 am, 4 Mile Walk/Run at 7:30 am
- Start Location: Across from Olbrich Botanical Gardens, 3330 Atwood Dr., Madison, WI
- Other Details: This race is chip timed. There are water and toilet stations about every two miles throughout the race.
- Cost: Half Marathon is $60, 4 Mile Run/Walk is $40. Click here to register online for either event.
- Volunteers: They are still accepting volunteers, and if you would like to be a part of the day, click here to get more information and sign up.
The post race party sounds fantastic. Kids are welcome at the party and to participate in the race! The party includes complimentary lunch, one free beer, face painting, a live band, balloon twisting, and pictures with Big Bird and Cookie Monster! For winners of the race there are trophies, shoes, and cash prizes! Each participant walks away with a t-shirt and finishers medal.
Come join the festivities to support Children's Voice Inc., in their efforts to end child abuse and emotional neglect!