The Spring Symposium at Rotary Gardens will be held on March 22, 2014. It is titled Garden for Good and has speakers, silent auction, raffles, time for strolling the gardens and more.
Beginning at 8:15 is the check in, silent auction and raffle.
- At 9:15 the topic Urban Agriculture, Growing more than plants will be presented by Eliza Fournier, Chicago Botanic Garden.
- At 10:30 there is a break, followed by the presentation Lifelong Gardening by Barbara Kreski, Chicago Botanic Garden at 10:45.
- From noon till 1:30 there is a lunch break, the raffler and silent auction continue along with time to spend in the gardens.
- At 1:30 begins the presentation Gardening for your own good, cultivating the mind body connection. this is being presented by Cindy Berlovitz, Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
- 3:30 p.m. is closing remarks, silent auction and raffle winners along with door prizes.
Registration deadline is Thursday, 3/13/2014 and on line registrations can be done at http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org.
The cost is $55.00 for RBG Friends and members, $65.00 for general public and if you wish to purchase a box lunch instead of bringing your own, that is $11.00.
Rotary Gardens is located at 1455 Palmer Drive, Janesville, WI, 53545. Phone number is (608) 752-3885 and the website is http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org.