"We chose to move into the D.C./Baltimore area not only because of its growth, diversity and prosperity, but also because we saw a need for fast-casual Mediterranean cuisine like ours. We knew Garbanzo would fit in flawlessly,” explains Alon Mor, Garbanzo founder, president and CEO.
What: Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill, a Colorado-based fast casual restaurant concept featuring fresh, healthy and authentic Mediterranean cuisine, recently announced the grand opening of its first Maryland location in Columbia via my email. The new restaurant is the first company-owned Garbanzo to open outside Colorado and the 18th location nationwide.“We have seen an outpouring of support from the Columbia community since initially announcing our intentions to open in Dobbin Center,” explains Scott Black, Garbanzo director of operations. Check out a few little known facts about Garbanzo:
- Garbanzo offers guests a variety of authentic Mediterranean items with an emphasis on flavor, freshness and quality, as well as a healthy trans-fat free menu.
- Guests have the ability to customize every meal with items such as pita, laffa, falafel, shwarma, hummus, seasoned rice, sauces and dressings.
- All Garbanzo salads and sauces are prepared on-site daily, and the pita are made from scratch throughout the day in every restaurant.
- Additionally, several ingredients are bought locally and some are imported directly from the Mediterranean region.
Did you know? On the eve of the grand opening, the new location is holding a fundraiser dinner to benefit The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, a locally-based nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the lives of young adults and their loved ones affected by cancer by supporting, educating and connecting them to resources necessary to thrive.
Where: Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill ~ 6455 Dobbin Road, Columbia, MD 21045
Where: Check out event dates and times as listed below.
- The public is invited to attend the fundraiser Tuesday, March 12, 2012 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for a $5.00 suggested donation.
- On grand opening day Wednesday, March 13, 2013 free Garbanzo tote bags will be given away to the first 100 guests, and guests have the opportunity to win other free Garbanzo prizes, including Garbanzo T-shirts, entrée cards and gift cards.
FYI: Following the grand opening, Garbanzo Columbia is holding several contests all month long giving away items such as an electronic reader, kid’s bicycle and The Columbia Mall gift card. For more information about the giveaways and how to enter, guests can visit the D.C./Baltimore Facebook page here. For more information about Garbanzo, visit here.