The pros and cons of playing video games often gets questioned in today's society. There are heated arguments both in favor and in opposition of video game usage for children. I participated in a panel of four which convened to discuss the benefits and disadvantages of children playing video games. The panel consisted of a parent, gamers, and myself who comes from an education background and has played video games for many years.
Marc - Host
Donald - Editor 2020 Gamer
- How old should kids start?
- ESRB, rule or guideline. Is it effective?
- Gaming as scapegoat when things go wrong. Is it the fault of games or the parent?
- Gaming as a tool other than entertainment.
- What was your experience with your parents and various regulated media?
What the panel has been playing: Diablo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV with mods, Various Wii Titles, NBA 2k14, XCOM: Enemy Within DLC, and more.