Mod Podge is like the sliced bread of arts and crafts. It's used to create decoupage projects that are vibrant and fun. There truly are a million very cool things you can do with it. Don't limit your creativity when thinking of ways to use the glossy, gluey substance that leaves a nice sealed, varnish finish. You can use it on paper, fabric, wood and prints.
Here are some links to some very fun projects:
- The blog Mod Podge Rocks has lots of ideas for using Mod Podge for home decor & furniture, magnets, gift tags, jewelry and party decor.
- Personalized photo projects that give special meaning to your decor can be done by following Transforming Home's tutorial or Love of Family and Home's tutorial.
- Fabric covered switch plates are a great way to match your newly decorated room.
- Covering upcycled second hand finds in fabric and Mod Podge is a good alternative to spray painting your recycled decor.
- Make fun gifts for people like Mod Podge key chains and candles.
There is a long history behind the art of decoupage that is found in many cultures. It was a way to introduce art into useful every day products and we still find that to be true today.