March may go out like the proverbial lamb, but not for Wisconsin area runners, who are roaring off to races for the month’s final weekend. From joggers to sprinters, these intrepid milers are lining up for charity and fun runs, timed races, and even a pair of indoor triathlons.
Check out this lineup of running events, all scheduled in and around Wisconsin, on Saturday, March 29, and Sunday, March 30.
These Wisconsin running events are listed alphabetically by date for easy reference.
Don’t miss the accompanying slideshow, which features flyers and additional details for these fitness highlights.
- March 29 – Saturday – Bosom Buddy 5K Run – Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – Coulee Chase 5K Fun Run / 3K Walk – La Crosse, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – Dick Lytie Spring Classic Half Marathon / 9-mile Run / 3-mile Run – Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – Half Is Good Enough for Me Half Marathon / 5K – Neillsville, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – March Madness Indoor Triathlon – Burlington, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – Mushing for Meals 10K / 5K / Kids Run / 1-Mile Walk – Beloit, Wisconsin.
- March 29 – Saturday – Spring Thaw 5K Run / Walk – Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- March 30 – Sunday – Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K– Grant Park – Chicago, Illinois.
- March 30 – Sunday – RecPlex Indoor Triathlon #3 – Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
As usual, race dates and venues may be subject to last-minute changes. Also, race-day registrations may be available at some locations, while others may have closed in advance. Participants and spectators are advised to double-check before setting out for these events.
Are you hosting another running event in the region on this date? Feel free to add details in a comment on this running roundup article.
Regional Run Organizers: Email me with your event details, at least a month in advance, for possible inclusion in upcoming articles. Please include flyers, if available, or tag me on your Facebook event pages.
Running Product Makers and Marketers: Have a top product available for review? Email me with sampling information.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free, using the link provided above) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You may wish to join this writer's fan page. Be sure to “like” the Running Examiner – Milwaukee and More page on Facebook for news, information, and inspiration for runners.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.