It's time again to celebrate our nation's independence and all of the things that make America great. Bust out your favorite red, white, and blue apparel and head out to some of these sites to check out some of the best fireworks displays in the Kansas City metropolitan area!
- The Big Bang, located in Jackson County at Longview Lake is said to be one of the largest fireworks display in the Midwest. The watch site for the display is at Shelter site 13. In addition to the large fireworks displays, patrons can view sky divers, a carnival for younger attendees, a military concert and a concert from country artists, Backroad Anthem.
- KC RiverFest is located at Richard Berkeley Riverfront Park. $5 Tickets are required for this event which will take place from 4 pm until 11 pm on July 4th. Multiple local acts will be providing live music and entertainment for the event. Fun activities for children will be available as well as local vendors and food and beverage options on site.
- Downtown Parkville is host to an annual July 4th Celebration. A carnival will be open beginning on Wednesday July 2nd. Other highlights include a parade, community breakfast, and the yearly fireworks display which may be seen on Friday evening.
- Liberty 4th Fest begins in Liberty, MO on July 3rd and will continue on July 4th. Highlights include the third annual Barbeque competition and the first annual Dessert competition. A parade will also be held at 10 am on July 4th followed by a classic Corvette car show. Starting at 9:45 pm at the William Jewell Campus, a fireworks display will be presented.
- Platte City will hold its annual Fourth of July Fireworks display on the Platte Country High School campus which may be seen from all over the Platte City area.