Are you having trouble finding something fun to do in Ann Arbor this weekend? Look no further. Despite the snow-covered ground and chill in the air, there is quite a bit to do.
- Friday, February 19 from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. head over with your toddler to Gym America on Platte Rd. For a $5 admission children walking to 4 years old can enjoy a chance to play on gymnastics equipment with supervision from instructors. Parents must remain on the gym floor with their little ones. This is a great way to help preschoolers gain balance and coordination while having fun.
Friday, February 19 from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. The Dance Pavilion in Ypsilanti is holding an open dance party. $10 admission gets you dancing lessons, refreshments and a dance party!
- Saturday, February 20 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena is having their annual "Buhr Blitz Days". This fun-filled event is two hours of contests, games and prizes! General admission fees apply ($5 for adults and $3.75 for youth).
- Saturday, February 20, The Dance Pavilion is holding a Ballroom Workshop from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. and then open dancing from 9:00 to midnight. Cost is $12 per person and tickets are limited.
- Saturday, February 20, The Law Enforcement Torch Run is hosting the 2010 Polar Bear Plunge to benefit the Special Olympics. Participants who raise money for the cause get a chance to "plunge" into the icy cold water at the University of Michigan golf corse. Come out and watch this fun event!
- Sunday, February 21 at 4:00 p.m. Wheels in Motion is sponsoring a bike ride called Another Chili Ride. Bikers can gather at the Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti to participate in this fun winter ride.
Don't let the chilly weather stop you. Bundle up, get out, and do something fun and active this weekend!