Horse lovers are loading their trailers to attend an exciting selection of equestrian events during the second weekend of September. Highlights include fun and open shows, barrel races, trail rides, and more.
Horse happenings continue from Friday, September 13, through Sunday, September 15.
Equestrian participants and spectators are advised to call show and event venues ahead to confirm times and other details. Last-minute changes and cancellations may occur.
Look at this big bunch of show bills and flyers for Midwestern horse-related happenings occurring during the second weekend of September:
- In Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the 1st Annual Saddle Up Youth Horse Show at Kirkwood comes to the Iowa Equestrian Center from September 13 to 15.
- The Pekin Riding Club hosts a fun show on September 13 in Pekin, Illinois.
- Equestrian trail riders saddle up for the Colorama Classic on September 14 and 15 at the Wade House in Greenbush, Wisconsin.
- On September 14 and 15, the Wisconsin Foundation Quarter Horse Association holds a show at Jackson County Fair Park, in Black River Falls, Wisconsin.
- The United Barrel Racing Association’s 3 Barrels 2 Hearts series closes with a September 14 event in Glenwood City, Wisconsin, at the St. Croix County Fairgrounds.
- In Arkdale, Wisconsin, the American Competitive Trail Horse Association presents the 1st Annual Stable Life Competitive Trail Challenge at the Castle Rock Horse Trails on September 14.
- Galloping Grove Ranch, of Union Grove, Wisconsin, offers an English and Western Performance Horse Show on September 14. A Ride for Autism Benefit Fun Show follows at the same location.
- Also on September 14, the Rodeo City Riders wind up their 2013 Fun Show Schedule at the Manawa Rodeo Grounds, in Manawa, Wisconsin.
- Four Winds Equestrian Center concludes its 2013 Open Horse Show Buckle Series with a full day of English and Western classes on September 15.
- Morrie Waud Equine Clinic veterinarians lecture on Equine Colic and Colic Surgery on September 15 at Four Winds Equestrian Center, in Salem, Wisconsin.
- Also on September 15, the Willow Valley Saddle Club has an Open Speed Show at the Lavalle Team Penning Arena, by Reedsburg, Wisconsin.
Please note: Thank you for reading and for sharing the link to this article with others. Feel free to +1, Digg, Facebook, Pin, Stumble, Tweet, or otherwise pass the http link along. However, this content is copyrighted, so the actual article (or images) may not be copied and reposted on blogs, social networking sites, websites, or elsewhere.
Readers: You are invited to subscribe (confidentially and free) to receive e-mail updates whenever this columnist publishes a new article. Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page.
Equestrian event managers and hosts: Do you have upcoming shows, clinics, or other highlights to share? Email the Madison Equestrian Examiner with flyers and details.
Writers: Want to learn how you can join Examiner as a columnist in your choice of cities and topics? Email me for details.