This fun and easy handprint heart craft for Valentine’s Day is perfect for young children. My son just loves to get his hands dirty when we do craft, so this handprint heart craft is perfect for him, as he gets to do just that: Paint his hands.
So this craft is not just quick and simple, but also fun and very personal. Whether you want to make cards for the family or your child’s first crush, you can’t go wrong with this.
What you need:
- Paint – red or pink are perfect for Valentine’s Day
- Paper or cardstock
- First, paint one hand only.
- Keep the fingers together and press the hand firmly on to a sheet of paper or cardstock. Make sure you don’t move the hand around when you pick it back up.
- Now paint the second hand.
- Repeat step #2, but make sure that the fingers are overlapping and the thumbs barely touching. That is how you create the heart shape.
To finish this craft and personalize it even more, we wrote a sweet little message all the way around the heart. Then we cut out the heart and glued it on to a piece of cardstock, folded in half to make a card out of it.
Extra Tip #1: You can use this same craft idea for gift ideas for grandparents or other family members. Instead of using paper or cardstock, try using a canvas and add the date and your child’s name to make a great piece of art out of it.
Extra Tip #2: Another great gift idea is to put the handprint on fabric, like a pillow case. You can easier print straight on to the fabric, or you can do it on paper and scan it. Then print it out on special iron on transfer paper and simply iron it on to a fabric of your choice, like a pillow case or a shirt.