The Mardi Gras season has not officially begun, but it is just about to get underway and you're going to need to know where to go and what to see. Louisiana residents and all tourists need to have the 2014 Mardi Gras parade schedule, and as of Jan. 23, 2014, it has been released in full with times, locations, dates, names, and more.
Fat Tuesday itself - Mardi Gras day - isn't until March 4, 2014, but the season lasts a lot longer. They say it starts two weeks before, but it actually has a few parades that straggle out earlier, and such was the case this year as well.
Back on Jan. 6, 2014, there were two short parades in Orleans parish. Out in St. Tammany Parish, the Fools of Misrule ran on the evening of Jan. 11, 2014.
Now, there is a break until after Super Bowl XLVIII, and the first real parade runs out in Slidell on Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, when the Krewe of Slidellians begins at 1:00 p.m. The Krewe of Claude runs immediately after it, and that's when things really begin.
Times can change and Mardi Gras parades are always dependent on the weather so check before heading out.
Here is the full 2014 Mardi Gras parade schedule (All times are Central):
Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014
- Krewe of Slidellians in Slidell - 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Claude in Slidell - Follows Slidellians
Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014
- Krewe of Bilge in Slidell - Noon
- Krewe of Mona Lisa and Moon Pie in Slidell - 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe du Vieux in French Quarter - 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe Delusion in French Quarter - Follows Krewe du Vieux
Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014
- Little Rascals in Metairie - Noon
Friday, Feb. 21, 2014
- Krewe of Cork in French Quarter - 3:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Oshun in Uptown - 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Cleopatra in Uptown - 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Excalibur in Metairie - 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Eve in Mandeville - 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Atlas in Metairie - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 22, 2014
- The Mystic Knights of Adonis on the West Bank - 11:45 a.m.
- Knights of Nemesis in Chalmette - 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Pontchartrain in Uptown - 1:00 p.m.
- Choctaw in Uptown - Follows Pontchartrain
- Freret in Uptown - Follows Choctaw
- Sparta in Uptown - 6:00 p.m.
- Caesar in Metairie - 6:00 p.m.
- Olympia in Covington - 6:00 p.m.
- Titans in Slidell - 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Pygmalion in Uptown - 6:45 p.m.
- Chewbacchus in Marigny - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 23, 2014
- Krewe of Carrollton in Uptown - Noon
- Perseus in Slidell - 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Dionysus in Slidell - 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of King Arthur and Merlin in Uptown - Follows Carrollton
- Alla in Uptown - Follows King Arthur
- Krewe of Tchefuncte in Madisonville - 2:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Barkus in French Quarter - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014
- Krewe of Ancient Druids in Uptown - 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Nyx in Uptown - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014
- Knights of Babylon in Uptown - 5:45 p.m.
- Muses in Uptown - 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Chaos in Uptown - 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 28, 2014
- Krewe of Hermes in Uptown - 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe d'Etat in Uptown - 6:30 p.m.
- Selene in Slidell - 6:30 p.m.
- Centurions in Metairie - 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Lyra in Covington - 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Morpheus in Uptown - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Mar. 1, 2014
- NOMTOC on the West Bank - 10:45 a.m.
- Iris in Uptown - 11:00 a.m.
- Tucks in Uptown - Noon
- Endymion in Mid-City - 4:15 p.m.
- Krewe of Isis in Metairie - 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, Mar. 2, 2014
- Okeanos in Uptown - 11:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Mid-City in Uptown - 11:45 a.m.
- Thoth in Uptown - Noon
- Bacchus in Uptown - 5:15 p.m.
- Krewe of Napoleon in Metairie - 5:30 p.m.
Monday, Mar. 3, 2014
- Proteus in Uptown - 5:15 p.m.
- Orpheus in Uptown - 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Hera in Metairie - 6:15 p.m.
- Zeus in Metairie - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Mar. 4, 2014
- Zulu in Uptown - 8:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Rex in Uptown - 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Grela on the West Bank - 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Argus in Metairie - 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Elks Orleans in Uptown - Follows Rex
- Krewe of Crescent City in Uptown - Follows Elks Orleans
- Krewe of Elks Jefferson in Metairie - Follows Arugus
- Krewe of Jefferson in Metairie - Follows Elks Jefferson