The July 12, 2014 Cool Summer Night event at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum is themed Full Moon Festival. This event allows you to experience the museum in the evening when it tends to be cooler. Special activities at this Cool Summer Night include art activities, music, and poetry activities.
Schedule of Events
- 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Tucson Pops Orchestra Performance
- 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. - Glow-in-the-Dark Art Activities for all ages: Make art using glow-in-the-dark paint, black lights, beads, and more.
- 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. - Interactive Poetry Activities for all ages
- 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. - Puppet Making for all ages: Participate in various puppet making activities ranging from 5 minutes to an hour.
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Tucson Young Musicians Performance
- 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. - Tucson Pops Orchestra Performance
- 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Take Your Photography to the Next Level Photography Class: Seats based on first come, first serve basis for this class.
- 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. - Drawing By the Light of the Moon Art Class for ages 12 and up: Seats limited for this class. Sign up in advance.
- 8:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m - Drawing By the Light of the Moon Art Class for ages 12 and up: Seats limited for this class. Sign up in advance.
About the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum: The Desert Museum is open year round, although the hours vary. The hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) October through February, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. (no entry after 4:15 p.m.) March through September, and 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. (no entry after 3:45 p.m.) on Saturdays June through August. Admission is $19.50 for adults (18 to 64), $17.50 for seniors (65+), $15.50 for youth (13 to 17), and $6 for children (4 to 12). Ages 3 and under are always free.