We are on the brink of engagement season, the time of year where there are more new wedding engagements than any other time of year. From a Christmas or holiday proposal, to popping the big question on New Years Eve, this is definitely the time of year where love is clearly in the air.
Because of the boom in new engagements, several bridal show companies in Michigan schedule their biggest shows in the Winter months. Here is a list of upcoming shows in the Metro-Detroit area and a guide to know which shows are right for you.
Whimsical Occasions Shows. Whimsical Occasions is one such bridal show and event company. They have four upcoming Winter/Spring shows. These bridal shows are a bit smaller and more intimate than the "cattle call" experience of the larger shows. This allows for quality time with vendors if you choose to stop at each booth for a few minutes of your time. They strive for an atmosphere of leisurely chats and personal connection. Here are the upcoming Whimsical Occasions Shows. For more information, please visit their website.
- January 12th, 2014 - The San Marino Club
- February 23rd, 2014 - The Iroquois Club
- March 16th, 2014 - The Inn at St. Johns
- March 30th, 2014 - Weber's Inn
Bridal Celebrations. Perhaps the biggest show in town is ran by Bridal Celebrations. They boast having the most exhibitors of any local show. So while these shows can be overwhelming for the newly engaged, the advantage is that you end up with an enormous selection of vendors and ideas all in one place. Because of this, you often find amazing show specials on the show floors, so the most well-prepared bride-to-be will come to the show looking to book with checkbook in hand. Here are the upcoming Bridal Celebrations shows in our area. More info can be found at their website, cbride.com.
- January 19th, 2014 - Winter Bridal Celebrations at the Palace of Auburn Hills
- January 26th, 2014 - Bridal Celebrations at the Dearborn Inn
Brides To Be. Brides To Be perhaps has the most bridal shows of any of the organizers. They also offer a "season pass" that allows you to go to all of their shows throughout the year, with as many guests as you'd like, for one price. They boast door prizes valued at over $10,000 at most every one of their shows. Here is a list of their shows and more info can be found on their website.
- January 5th, 2014 - Fern Hill Golf Club
- January 12th, 2014 - Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
- January 26th, 2014 - Petruzello's Banquet Hall
- February 9th, 2014 - Sheraton Novi
- March 9th, 2014 - The Holiday Inn Southgate
- March 23rd, 2014 - Club Monte Carlo
- April 6th, 2014 - St. Lucy's Banquet Center
- April 13th, 2014 - Double Tree by Hilton Detroit/Dearborn
That should keep you busy enough through the winter! Please be sure to check out the "recommended by author" links below for more helpful tips on how to best approach a bridal show, and other helpful tips for your wedding!