FUJIFILM’s X-T1 a New “Mirrorless” Champion
The FUJIFILM X-T1 now gives professional and enthusiast photographers the award-winning imaging power of the X-Series in a water, dust and temperature resistant body that braves outdoor challenges like never before. FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the new FUJIFILM X-T1, a weather-resistant premium interchangeable lens camera with a large OLED electronic viewfinder (EVF) that delivers a near-instant image preview, the latest generation 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and the segment’s fastest autofocus of 0.08 seconds*1 for a truly remarkable photographic experience anywhere.
Award-winning 16.3 Megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II
The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the award-wining EXR Processor II and X-Trans™ CMOS II sensor with built in phase detection that delivers an astonishing response time of just 0.08 seconds and a super-fast 0.5 second start-up time*5, along with a 0.05 second shutter time lag and a 0.5 second shooting interval*6. The X-T1 can also shoot up to 8 frames per second*7 with tracking AF and is the first-ever CSC*8 to be compatible with SDXC UHS-II format memory cards for data writing speed (in Continuous Mode) that is approximately twice that of a conventional SD card.
Tough, weather-resistant design
The FUJIFILM X-T1 is the first weather-resistant X-Series CSC (when used with a weather-resistant lens) that performs in a wide range of challenging environments. The X-T1 uses more than 75 points of weather sealing, and the camera body is dust-resistant and water-resistant. The X-T1 is also freezeproof to -14°F for full-fledged field photography work, while the premium clear 3” LCD screen with 1.04 million dot resolution is made of tempered glass for additional outdoor protection.
WiFi and remote camera operation
The X-T1 one-touch WiFi connectivity lets you easily share images to your smartphone or tablet – pictures that these devices cannot capture - and remote shooting via smartphone or tablet using the Fujifilm Camera Remote app for unique capture opportunities.
Traditional handling, modern response
Five mechanical dials on the top-plate, two command dials; one front and one on the rear, and six customizable function buttons, the FUJIFILM X-T1 feels and functions like a real photo tool in the hand. The top-plate includes two machined-aluminum double-deck dials for the shutter speed and metering, and ISO sensitivity and drive modes, each is designed to turn with a reassuring click, while their textured surfaces gives a firm confirmation when setting up a shot. With their exposure values clearly marked, the X-T1’s settings can be checked at a glance without using the rear LCD and the dials are perfectly arranged so that functions can be changed without removing your eye from the viewfinder. The six customizable function buttons and two command-dials arranged on the front and rear complete the picture, ensuring instant setting satisfaction.
Additional grip and weather resistant lenses
The optional vertical battery grip (VG-XT1) has the same hardy structure as the X-T1, so when added to the body, it is completely secured against the elements.
Fujifilm is launching three weather-resistant zoom lenses to complement the X-T1 camera in 2014, including the XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R OIS WR, XF16-55mmF2.8 R OIS WR and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR.
FUJIFILM X-T1 key features list:
- 16.3 million Megapixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Dust and water-resistant body with more than 75 points of weather sealing. Freeze resistance to -14°F
- EXR Processor II
- World’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.05 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- Phase detection AF and motion predictive AF for continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Highest viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.77x
- Wide viewing angle (diagonal 38° and horizontal 31°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005sec (less than 1/10 of existing models)
- Four different display modes: Full, Normal, Dual and Vertical.
- Full mode: Displays shooting information at the top and bottom of the screen to avoid obstruction of the view
- Dual mode: Adds a small second screen for checking focus point with Focus Peak Highlight or Digital Split Image
- Normal mode: Lets you concentrate on framing the shot in Auto Focus mode while keeping you aware of how the shooting conditions are changing, making it the perfect setting for sports and action photography
- Portrait mode: When in Full or Normal modes, it rotates the shooting information interface when the camera is turned vertically
- Tempered glass 1.04 million dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- World’s first compatibility with Ultra High Speed UHS-II SD memory cards
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 and three new zoom lenses offer the same weather resistance to secure the entire system
- Redesigned circuit board design enables high ISO 51200 setting*9
- ISO200 - 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto(maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- Lens Modulation Optimizer technology maximizes each lens’ performance
- In-camera RAW converter
- Die-cast magnesium body provides a sturdy and durable, while compact and lightweight design
- Body and grip designed for correct balance when attaching telephoto and large-diameter lenses
- Two command dials and six Function buttons for instant control and customization
- Interval timer shooting for Time Lapse photography is available with intervals of 1 second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames
FUJIFILM X-T1 accessories:
- Dedicated all-leather case BLC-XT1 New
- Vertical battery grip VG-XT1 New
- Hand Grip MHG-XT New
- Four dedicated flash models to choose from depending on requirements (EF-X8 New, EF-X20, EF-20, EF-42)
- Protector filters (PRF-39, PRF-52, PRF-58, PRF-62 and PRF-72 (For XF10-24mmF4 R OIS) New)
- DC coupler CP-W126 NEW
- AC adapter AC-9V NEW
- M Mount Adapter for additional lens compatibility
- Remote release RR-90
- Stereo Microphone MIC-ST1
The FUJIFILM X-T1 (body only) available for $1,299.95 X-T1 with the XF18mm-55mm (27-84mm) F2.8-4 lens (kit) will be available for $1699.95, both in February 2014.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 uses the same FUJIFILM X-Mount as the X-Pro1, X-E2, X-E1, X-M1 and X-A1, all FUJIFILM XF & XC lenses work with all X-Series cameras.
The current Fujifilm lens family includes the following FUJINON XF and XC lenses:
- XF 14mm F2.8 R
- XF 18mm F2.0 R
- XF 23mm F1.4 R
- XF 27mm F2.8
- XF 35mm F1.4 R
- XF 56mmF1.2 R
- XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
- XF10-24mmF4 R OIS
- XF 18-55mm F2.8-4.0 R LM OIS
- XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
- XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
- XC 50-230mm F4.5-6.7 OIS
The X-T1 will create real pressure on the other major Japanese DSLR camera makers.
This also seriously makes the Nikon Df , just release less than a month ago, look even more like a misdirected, overpriced and even outdated DSLR from the first decade of digital technology. The DF while having a full frame 16 Megapixel sensor, that under performs even Nikon’s own APSC and much cheaper models. The FUJIFILM truly magical EXR Processor II and X-Trans CMOS II sensor at the very cutting edge of digital imaging in the world today.
We are looking forward to testing the new X-T1 and several of the next generation of FujiFilm lenses. Like the XF10-24mm F4 OIS and also the 23mm F1.4 and 56mm F1.2 These new lenses when combined with the X-T1 or the X-E2 are redefining the standards of premium quality image files and prints.
Also please take a look at the short slide show also attached to this short story.
As soon as we have real technical testing data , we will share the results.