Al Jazeera has reported on March 18, 2013, Fugitive M23 leader Ntaganda 'surrenders'. Rwanda's foreign minister, Louise Mushikiwabo, has said, Democratic Republic of Congo rebel Bosco Ntaganda, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for suspected war crimes, has surrendered to the US embassy in Kigali. Ntaganda is being confronted with charges of "conscripting child soldiers, murder, ethnic persecution and rape in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo."
In a message posted on her Twitter account on Monday, Louise Mushikiwabo has said, "We have learned today that Bosco Ntaganda entered Rwanda and surrendered to US Embassy in Kigali." A confirmation has also been issued by the U.S. state department, which has said that Ntaganda asked to be turned over to the ICC and that they are working to facilitate his request. A U.S. state department has said, "I can confirm that Bosco Ntaganda... walked into the US embassy in Kigali this morning. He specifically asked to be transferred to the ICC in The Hague."
Fox News has also reported on this story, Rwandan government claims ICC-wanted warlord Bosco Ntaganda is at US Embassy. The government of Rwanda has confirmed that warlord Bosco Ntaganda, who was previously on the run in neighboring Congo, has now turned himself in to the United States Embassy in Kigali, which is the capital of Rwanda. Over the years Ntaganda has become one of Africa's symbols of impunity. In spite of an outstanding warrant for his arrest from the International Criminal Court, which indicted him on war crimes in 2006, he became a general in the Congolese army, as he lived in an upscale villa and played tennis in his spare time.