Fruits are not the only nutrient rich foods that make good smoothies. Pairing fruits and vegetables makes for an excellent treat, and a healthier smoothie option.
1 small banana, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
1 medium carrot, rinsed and top cut off
1 celery, rinsed, leaves left on
1 serving vanilla or plain yogurt
1/4 cup water
- Cut the carrot and celery into small pieces, and place into the blender cup.
- Add the fruit pieces, as well as the yogurt.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water over the ingredients, cover and blend.
- Add more water if needed.
- Grow the celery and carrots to save money.
- Try adding a handful of leafy greens to make this smoothie even healthier.
- Serve this smoothie with an omelet at breakfast, or with a breakfast wrap.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here.