I don't know about you but I really don't like spending $30 on a costume for Halloween. In my house that is multiplied by five kids! Here are some easy ideas that you can make from items in your house!
- Is your daughter a dancer? Use one of her old dance costumes and jazz it up. My daughter is going to be a dancing butterfly because we have plenty of fairy wings floating around.
- Have a feather boa? Put on a cute dress, boa, do her hair, and bling her up. Make her a fashionista!
- Black Leggings, black shirt, make a tail out of an old pair of stockings and some ears out of cardboard and viola! You have a cat.
- Pair of sweat pants, a jersey and a sports ball and you have a Sports Star.
- Camouflage pants, shirt and paint face and you have a military man.
- Take an old green tshirt, cut off the arms and angle the bottom. Make a hat out of newspaper and you can make Peter Pan.
Sources of cheap costumes:
- Look in your toy boxes
- Borrow from friends
- Go to Goodwill
- Yard sales
Go out and have fun this Halloween!