There's a big green and pink frog in Jupiter, and it's standing on Indiantown Road.
That's not a figment of your tired imagination; it's the mascot for the new sweetFrog yogurt shop near the I-95/Turnpike interchange. This shop, part of the Richmond, VA-based chain that began in 2009, is a little different from the proliferation of other do-it-yourself frozen yogurt shops:
- It's a Christian-centered business (the FROG is an acronym for Fully Rely On God); however, there is no proselytizing in the store, no religious materials or photographs anywhere to be seen.
- The furnishings are incredibly kid-friendly, from the white, pink and green color concept to the tables that spin (makes it easy to share yogurt).
- Yogurt flavors appeal to both kids and adults: the Jupiter location is offering strawberry kiwi, NY cheesecake, mango, cotton candy, dulce de leche, cookie dough, raspberry and more. Their product is gluten-free, and varieties come in nonfat, lowfat and no sugar added versions.
- Toppings and add-ins number close to sixty, with wet and dry offerings such as cookies, sprinkles, fresh fruit, candy, sauces, syrups and whipped cream.
- The store is extremely clean. Staff make it a priority to keep the topping bar wiped down, spills cleaned up and the floor swept. All while interacting nicely with patrons young and old.
- The company has a strong philosophy when it comes to localized community involvement. Franchises support causes small and large, from hospital fundraisers to sports teams.
- For those kids (and adults) with peanut allergies, sweetFrog keeps peanuts in sealed and labeled containers, to minimize any chance of an allergic reaction.
Yogurt is priced by the ounce ($0.49) and yes, of course there is sweetFrog merchandise to attract kids' attention. But the background music is adult contemporary and the yogurt is dense, well-flavored and not too sweet.
sweetFrog, 6771 West Indiantown Road (Jupiter West Plaza, on the west end of the plaza), Jupiter, FL. Phone (561) 743-2787(561) 743-2787. Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.