The city of Rochester will be hosting a 10-day outdoor hockey festival in December at Frontier Field, home of the Rochester Red Wings Triple-A baseball team. The festival will be highlighted by the first outdoor AHL game between the Rochester Amerks, farm team of the Buffalo Sabres, and the Lake Erie Monsters, who are based in Cleveland, Ohio. The Frozen Frontier presented by Rochester Area Honda Dealers takes place Friday, December 13th through Sunday, December 22nd, with the following events scheduled:
Friday, December 13th – Amerks v. Monsters – 7 p.m.
Saturday, December 14th
· RIT Tigers women’s team v. Clarkson Golden Knights – noon
· RIT Tigers men’s team v. Niagara University Purple Eagles – 7 p.m.
Sunday, December 15th
· Buffalo Junior Sabres v. St. Michael’s Buzzers – 2:30 p.m.
· Buffalo Sabres/Rochester Amerks Alumni Game – 5 p.m.
Friday, December 20th – Labatt Blue 3-on-3 Pond Hockey Tournament – 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 21st – Section V High School Rivalry Day
· Canandaigua v. Victor – 11 a.m.
· Hilton v. Irondequoit – 1 p.m.
· McQuaid v. St. Joe’s (Section VI) – 3 p.m.
· Webster Schroeder v. Webster Thomas – 5 p.m.
· Pittford v. Fairport – 7 p.m.
Sunday, December 22nd – Section V High School Rivalry Day
· Churchville v. Batavia – 11 a.m.
· Brockport v. Batavia Notre Dame – 1 p.m.
· Brighton v. Spencerport – 3 p.m.
· Greece Thunder v. Greece Lightning – 5 p.m.
· Gates-Chili v. Penfield – 7 p.m.
Ticket information can be found here.
More information on the event can be found at frozenfrontier2013.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com