Largely ignored by the Western media, ten years ago and 250 miles from the Russian city of Sochi, Muslim terrorists assaulted a school in the small Russian town of Beslan where they tortured and raped innumerable teen and pre-teen students as well as school staff, then proceeded to slaughter 338 civilians. Of that number, 172 were children. Possibly not on as large a scale as the wholesale butchering of defenseless women and children, Beslan is still being brought up as more individuals are wanted by authorities for conspiracy to launch more Islamo-Terror attacks at the upcoming Sochi Olympics, as reported by The Washington Post on Jan. 21, 2014.
BOLO - Be On the Look Out...
With authorities already issuing wanted posters for five known jihadists, Beslan could very well could be a ghastly preview of what to expect when the 2014 Winter Olympics officially open on February 7th.
The five wanted are possibly already in Sochi, thus reducing the 60,000 Russian troops and Vladimir Putin's oft-mentioned "ring of steel" around the city to possibly be the biggest joke to come out of Russia since "Pravda has no Tass, and Tass has no Pravda."
The Washington Post quoted Russian investigative journalist Andrei Soldatov, who has written extensively about the security services, has recently reported on the extensive electronic monitoring as well as the 60 miles long and 25 miles wide ring of steel. Soldatov notes that after the assault on the Beslan schoolhouse in 2004, "the security services reformed, training to deal with large-scale attacks. 'They are prepared for Beslan,' he said, 'but not a smaller-scale attack in Sochi.'"
If the Beslan experience is any indicator, if and when there is an assault on the Sochi Olympics, those captured can expect little in the way of anything even remotely resembling decency, compassion or mercy. Of the few outlets that gave extensive coverage to Beslan, Front Page Magazine reported at the time:
Meanwhile, Indira Dzetskelova, the mother of one of the child hostages in Beslan, Russia, reports that 'several 15-year-old girls were raped by terrorists.' Her daughter 'heard their terrible cries and screams when those monsters took them away.'
London's The Sunday Mirror also published:
While despairing soldiers and rescue workers moved among the growing pile of body bags, it was revealed that an 18-month-old baby had been repeatedly stabbed by a black-clad terrorist who had run out of ammunition. Other survivors told how screaming teenage girls were dragged into rooms adjoining the gymnasium where they were being held and raped by their Chechen captors who chillingly made a video film of their appalling exploits.
In a 2006 3-day conference sponsored by the International Assn. of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors, presenters Lt. Col. Dave Grossman (US Army, Retired), and Todd Rassa (SigArms Academy) highlighted some of the more significant aspects of the siege:
More than 1,000 men, women and children, including babies, were penned in an unventilated gym and a cafeteria. As the days passed without food or water and inside temperatures rose to 115 degrees, survivors were eating flowers they'd brought for teachers and fighting for urine to drink out of their shoes in desperation. Women and some children were repeatedly and continuously raped.
Adult males and larger male students were used as 'forced labor' to help fortify the building, then shot to death. Bodies were thrown out of an upper-story window, down onto a courtyard. Attempts at negotiation by responders were used by the terrorists strictly as an opportunity to buy time to solidify their fortifications.
Surviving hostages were surrounded by armed guards standing on deadman switches, wired to explosives. All entrances to the building as well as stairwells and some interior doorways were booby-trapped.
Youngsters were forced to sit on window sills to serve as shields for snipers. 'Black widows' (potential suicide bombers) were rigged so their bomb belts could be detonated by remote control when leaders considered the timing was right. The terrorists stayed cranked up on some type of amphetamine to keep awake.
Some children successfully rescued from the building were so crazed by thirst that they ran to an outdoor spigot and were killed by a grenade as they filled their hands with water.
Rassa claimed in 2006 that floor plans for half a dozen schools in Virginia, Texas and New Jersey have been recovered from terrorist hands in Iraq.
American Schools In The Cross-Hairs...
In a presentation used by law enforcement agencies such as the Los Angeles Police Department, the Illinois State Police Academy and the North Carolina Dept. of Justice, Active Shooter and 4th/5th Generation Warfare states on slides 48-66:
Mass Slaughter in Our Schools - The Terrorists' Chilling Plan
By Chuck Remsberg
Terrorist Attack Plan
- Preparation for attacks on American Schools are well underway in Islamic terrorist camps
- The terrorists have warned us that they will attack our schools
- They have already begun testing school-related targets in the U.S.
- For terrorists, "a successful attack is one we are not ready for." Lt. Col. Dave Grossman
Why Schools? Our Values
- The most sacred thing to us are our children
- Killing hundreds of children will boost the terrorist's morale and lower ours, leaving us stunned
- Our Lack of Preparation
- Police deal with crime, but school attacks are war
- Police are the first line of defense. Are we ready?
- If a large-scale school attack occurs, parents will stay home. The economy will be devastated.
How Do We Know They Are Coming?
- Al-Qaeda has said that they have the right to kill two million American Children.
- Al-Qaeda terrorists have been video-taped practicing school takeovers and issuing commands in English.
- Islamic religious literature condones killing children if it is done for the "general good."
- Target scouting and infiltration efforts have already occurred.
The Terrorists' Tactical Model
- A dress rehearsal has already taken place in 2004 in Beslan, Russia. 172 children were killed.
- Large buildings with complicated floor plans are preferred. They are harder to assault.
- Terrorists' weapons included AK-47s, sniper rifles, rocket-propelled grenades and explosives.
- In Beslan, 1,000 people were held hostage by 100 terrorists for three days without food or water.
- Women and older children were repeatedly raped.
- Adult males and large boys were made to help fortify the school, then they were shot.
The Terrorists' Tactical Model
- Attempts at negotiation by responders were used by the terrorists to buy time to fortify the school.
- All entrances and many stairwells were booby-trapped with explosives.
- Children were used as shields by snipers.
- The terrorists used amphetamines to stay awake.
- When troops stormed the building, troops and children were gunned down mercilessly
- Explosions started many fires.
- Trip wires connected to explosives slowed down the assault.
- Escaping terrorists tried to blend in with the locals.
What's Likely Here?
- Terrorist cells of four operatives each will strike simultaneously at four different schools.
- Middle schools without police presence are preferred. The girls are big enough to rape and the students are not big enough to fight back.
- Preferred targets will be states that do not allow concealed carry of firearms, have no hunting culture, and where the police do not carry rifles.
- Rural areas are favored because of the delayed response time for police to arrive in force.
What's Likely Here?
- As they seize the school, the attackers will initially kill every teacher and student they see.
- They will rape, murder and toss the bodies outside like was done in Russia.
- They will plant bombs throughout the school.
- Emergency responders and fleeing children will be blown up by car bombs in the parking lot.
- 100 to 300 children will be killed in the first strike.
- The terrorists are likely already here, many having crossed over the border with Mexico.