Want to boost your weight loss without a drastic diet? By choosing foods that boost your metabolism, you can speed up your success. According to Prevention's experts: Research shows that "some foods take more work to eat so you burn more calories during digestion. In fact, just the act of chewing metabolism boosting foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean cuts of meat can increase your calorie burn by up to 30%!" In addition, says WebMD's experts, certain foods actually help your body burn fat faster.
Ready to get the benefits of these fabulous foods? The winning weight loss wonders are:
- Chewy foods in their whole state, such as apples and chicken. Bonus with high protein foods such as chicken: They require you to chew, while taking longer to leave your tummy. Result: You feel full with less food.
- Greek yogurt, which has twice as much protein. Co-author of "Walk Your Butt Off!: Go from Sedentary to Slim in 12 Weeks with This Breakthrough Walking Plan" sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD told WebMD that it "keeps you satisfied longer." In addition, your body burns more calories digesting protein.
- Quinoa combines protein AND fiber for a winning combination. Get a recipe for 50-calorie ratatouille to pair with your quinoa by clicking here.
- Hot peppers cut your appetite and boost your metabolism because they contain capsaicin.
- Go green: "Several studies suggest green tea may promote weight loss by stimulating the body to burn abdominal fat. Green tea contains catechins, a type of phytochemical that may briefly affect the metabolism. To get the most benefit, you may need to drink green tea several times a day," says WebMD's experts. In addition, Leslie suggests sipping hot tea so that it takes longer to drink and soothes you. Our tip: Craving something sweet? Try a naturally sweetened green tea such as Stash Tea Company Green Chai Tea and add Blue Diamond Almond Coconut, Unsweetened Vanilla, with just 45 calories a cup.