Looking to travel close to home yet far enough to explore different diversions, check out what’s happening in neighboring Nevada. There are plenty of activities going on up and down the state from Shoot out events in Winnemucca to a mountain oyster fry in Virginia City.
Kicking off the New Year is Nevada’s very own White Pine Fire & Ice Show January 18-27 in Ely, a rural, quirky town converging on a frozen lake to create ice sculptures, light off fireworks and fire a massive 1800’s cannon. From January 28-February 2, the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko brings people together to listen to poetry and music, learn about the wild, wild west and cowboy culture, experience great art, watch western films, and gather together to eat, drink and swap stories.
And there’s a whole lot more to explore with just a click of the following links:
- March 6-10: Shooting the West photography event in Winnemucca
- Mid-March: Mountain Oyster Fry in Virginia City
- April 24-28: Laughlin River Run
- May 10-13: Vegas Uncork’d in Las Vegas
- Mid-May: Spring Wings Bird Festival in Fallon
- May 31-June 1: Reno-Tahoe Odyssey in Lake Tahoe and Reno
- Early June: America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride in Lake Tahoe
- June 8-10: Carson City Rendezvous in Carson City
- June 22-23: Cocktails and Cannons(aka Cave Lake Bathtub Races) in Ely at Cave Lake State Park
- And of course, don't forget the lascivious delights year around in Las Vegas