This September, designer Alon Livne presented a phenomenal New York runway show. He’s had a tremendous start while working in premiere luxury European houses while on his way to becoming Israel’s most prestigious young fashion designer. Before setting out on his own, he trained at Alexander McQueen in London and later for Roberto Cavalli. Upon stepping out on his own, Alon Livne won first prize in the Israeli version of Project Runway. Most recently the designer has designed custom gowns for Beyonce Knowles and fellow dancers on The Mrs. Carter World Tour. Needless to say, his talent was ready to be embraced on the big stage during New York Fashion Week.
The Inspiration For His Spring 2014 Collection:
When creating his Spring/Summer 2014 collection, Alon Livne drew inspiration from the iconic Grace Jones, the many illustrations of Peter Sato and Samurai Soldier costumes.
These three themes generated an androgynous colony of color-saturated looks marked by strong graphic lines and futuristic fluidity. When working together to develop the final hair look, Alon and CATWALK® byTIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin landed on a bold braided look reminiscent of the collections fluid construction and prints – extending the lines from the clothes to the scalp.
Overall Look: Graphic Braids
1. Prep hair with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Fast Fixx Style Prep to condition and eliminate frizz
2. Section hair in 5 even, verticalsections and reverse-french-braid each section making sure to keep the braid as close to the scalp as
TIP: Use a bit of CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax on tips of fingers to keep the braids clean and free of
3. Secure each braid with a small clear elastic and spray with CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray to provide a vinyl
4. Once entire head is braided, gather and twist the bottom of the braids into a swirled bun and secure with pins at the nape.
5. Set the final look with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray.
TIP: To really make the braids pop, carefully brush a bit of white eye shadow to the visible scalp.
• CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Fast Fixx Style Prep
• CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax
• CATWALK® by TIGI® Your Highness Weightless Shine Spray
• CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray
“For the Spring Summer 2014 inspiration, I wanted to extend the fingers in the same way I created extensions of the body line with my amorphous curves in the collection. My idea was to almost erase the look of the nail, keeping a nude, neutral finger that would give an ambigious effect, and almost beg the question if the model was human or alien.” – Designer Alon Livne
China Glaze was the proud nail sponsor of the Spring 2014 Alon Livne show. The nail shade used on all the models was Inner Beauty.