When the weather outside is frightful, something warm and comforting to drink tastes delightful. But all those high calorie, sugary beverages available at various cafes aren't so delightful for you. Dr. Mehmet Oz recently dished up his recommendations for five fabulous healthy winter drinks to warm your tummy.
Try these Oz-approved drinks to survive the cold weather in style:
- Coffee, especially Greek coffee, which contains protective antioxidants and polyphenols. Look for it in large supermarkets and online, such as Bravo Greek coffee (click for details).
- When prepared with non-fat or 1% milk, lattes provide you with extra protein. Chai latte contains cardamom, which improves your digestion. Make your own or look for a brand such as Café Escapes Chai Latte (click for details).
- Hot cocoa provides you with flavonoids to protect against heart disease. Try making your own or look for a sugar-free variety, such as Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix, Sensible Sweets, No Sugar Added (click for details).
- Hot apple cider provides you with antioxidants. Make it even healthier with cinnamon.
- Tea is a powerhouse of virtues, even reducing your risk of some cancers. Try different types with a tea sampler, such as Tea Forte Single Steeps Loose Tea Sampler.