There comes a time in everyone's life when you just want to smack your lips. You want your tongue to experience something special. You want your mouth to explode with flavor. You want Casa BBQ Pork!
This is actually a very versatile dish. Once you have prepared the pork, you can serve it with some polenta; you can fill some tortillas with it; layer the pork onto some bread rolls for a wonderful sandwich or, do what I often do and make a salad with it.
Whether it be for lunch, brunch, dinner or a movie-watching snack, enjoy one of the flavors of the great Southwest with Casa BBQ Pork!
Ingredients needed to make Casa BBQ Pork (serves 2):
- 1/2 pound pork, cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup flour
- oil for frying
- 1 cup Casa BBQ Sauce (see link about for recipe)
- Place the pork into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on the pork and stir to coat. Let the pork rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Dredge (coat) the pork in the flour.
- In a medium saute pan or skillet, heat a few tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Add the pork and cook until it begins to crisp up (this is why you dredged the pork in flour).
- Add the Casa BBQ Sauce to the pan and cook until the pork has glazed.
- Remove the Casa BBQ Pork from the pan and serve.
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."