It's Summer and it's time to party! Put on your thong (please don't send pictures), head to the pool and get ready for something spectacular as Chef Larry Edwards and Captain Morgan Spiced Rum team-up for a brand new dish featuring the finest spiced rum in the world.
This dish is indeed a food lovers dream come true. Broiled bacon wrapped shrimp and pooled in the incredible taste of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum! According to the Chef, "this is simply a perfect combination of tastes - slightly sweet, slightly salty and soaked in spiced rum. This is culinary nirvana!"
Ingredients needed to make Bacon Wrapped Spiced Rum Shrimp:
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound smoked bacon, thin sliced variety
- 1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- lemons, sliced
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water and pat dry.
- Separate the slices of bacon and cut each slice in half (depending on the size of shrimp, you'll need one half slice of bacon per shrimp)
- Lay a piece of bacon out on the counter.
- Place a shrimp at one end of the bacon and wrap the shrimp, securing with a toothpick. Repeat this step with all the shrimp.
- Place the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet.
- Place under the broiler for 7 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the broiler and place on a serving platter.
- Pour the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum over the shrimp! Let the shrimp bathe in the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum a few minutes before serving!
The new cookbook from Chef Larry Edwards is now available from Amazon.com and bookstores worldwide. One of the most anticipated cookbooks of the year, "Edwardian Cooking: Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals."