Thanks to the help of Grumpy Cat, Colonel Meow, Oskar the Blind Cat, Nala Cat and Hamilton the Hipster Cat fans and lovers of the celebrity cat supergroup’s holiday music video, Friskies has been able to make it a little easier to be a cat this Christmas.
Just three days after the “Hard to Be a Cat at Christmas” holiday music video debuted last week on YouTube and at www.Friskies.com/Holiday, it had already reached more than one million views. That’s double the 500,000 view goal to trigger the largest one-time donation in Friskies history – a half-million cans, one can per view up to the first 500,000 cans.
Each of the celebrity cats who starred in the holiday video selected a cat charity partner that is near and dear to their hearts to receive 100,000 cans of Friskies wet cat food. The five charity organizations include:
- Cat Welfare Association (Grumpy Cat)
- Purrfect Pals (Oskar The Blind Cat)
- Kitten Rescue (Nala Cat)
- The Seattle Persian and Himalayan Rescue (Colonel Meow)
- Humane Society Silicon Valley (Hamilton The Hipster Cat)
Now, the video reached two million views one week after its world premiere. To thank fans for their overwhelming support by watching and sharing the video to reach the original donation goal and to continue to make every cat’s holiday wish come true, Friskies will donate an additional 100,000 cans of wet cat food to 20 charities nationwide.
“We have been so overwhelmed and inspired by the response to our ‘Hard to Be a Cat at Christmas’ music video. In thanks, we want to give even more to cat charity organizations in our communities and keep spreading the holiday cheer to cats,” said Shawn Brain, Friskies Brand Manager. “We hope the video will inspire cat lovers everywhere to not only join the cause of wet cat food for all cats but also help make every cat’s holiday wish come true by inspiring others to make their own donation to local cat shelters.”
Each of the charities listed below will receive 5,000 cans of wet cat food:
- Animal Outreach of the Mother Lode, Calif.
- Animal Rescue New Orleans, La.
- Animal Services & Assistance Programs, Ill.
- Berkeley County Humane Society, W.Va.
- Community Cats, Wis.
- Fabulous Felines, Ark.
- Feline Finish Line, Pa.
- Hermitage No Kill Cat Shelter, Ariz.
- Humane Society of Fremont County, Colo.
- Kitt Crusaders, Calif.
- Kitten Krazy, Inc., Ohio
- Kitty City Kansas, Kan.
- Long Island Feline Adoption Center, N.Y.
- MeoowzResQ, Inc., Calif.
- National Cat Protection Society, Calif.
- Pet Refuge, Ind.
- Richmond County Animal Shelter, N.C.
- Second Chance Center for Animals, Ariz.
- Second Chance for Homeless Pets, Utah
- Whiskers Project, Ga.
Fans are encouraged to continue supporting the cause this holiday season by visiting www.Friskies.com/holiday to watch and share the music video. To make every holiday playlist complete, the “Hard to Be a Cat at Christmas” song is available for download from iTunes and Amazon.com.